The FAS ‘Safe Pass' Health and Safety Awareness Training Programme is a one day safety awareness training programme aimed at all construction site personnel, including new entrants, to ensure that they have a basic knowledge of health and safety.
The Safety Awareness Training Programme participants will be registered in the FAS Safe Pass Programme and issued with a registration card. It is a condition of renewal of the registration card that participants must update their safety awareness training every four years.
The training modules incorporated within the safe pass programme are:
- The reasons for promoting safety
- Health and Safety at Work Legislation
- Accident reporting & Emergency procedures
- Accident prevention
- Health and Hygiene
- Manual Handling
- Working at heights
- Working with Electricity, underground and overhead services
- Use of hand held equipment
- Safe use of vehicles
- Noise and vibrations
- Excavations and Confined Spaces
- Improved Safety Culture
- Reduction in accidents on site
- Reduction in lost time due to accidents
- Improve employee morale
- Identification of personnel with recognised safety awareness training.
Benefits to Employees
- Improved Safety and Health Awareness
- Recognition of safety training
- Personal development
- Provision of a safe pass registration card
- Improved employment prospects
All Instructors are registered with FAS.