Chapter 8-Temporary Traffic Measures and Signs for Roadworks Manual provides details of the temporary traffic measures to be used at work sites on all public roads, including their layout and symbols, the circumstances in which each sign may be used and the rules for positioning them to warn, inform and direct road users in the safe negotiation through the work site.
The FAS “Signing, Lighting & Guarding at Roadwork’s” CSCS Training Programme is both classroom and road based training and provides the delegates with the skills and knowledge to manage roadwork activities with as minimal disruption to members of the public while ensuring the safety of the roadworker.
- Responsible for the implementation and record keeping of the temporary traffic management plan during construction, including:
- And Removing the temporary traffic management arrangements
- During the works remove/cover permanent contradictory signs and re-install these signs on completion of the works.
- Shall liase with the contractor/PSCS in this regards.
- Shall liase with the Temporary Traffic Management Designer/PSDP with regards to the effectiveness of the temporary traffic management arrangements.
- The Temporary Traffic Operations Supervisor will have the CSCS card and will be able to:
- Apply Static Roadworks Type C
- Apply Semi-static Roadworks
- Implement Traffic Management Designs
- Erect and Remove signage layout of Traffic Management Design
- Manage site Records
The Instructors/ Examiners are registered with FAS.
|Min. Number to an Instructor:
|Max. Number to an Instructor:
Wednesday 13th - Friday 15th March 2019
Crystal Safety Services Training Centre, Unit 26, Clonroad Business Park, Ennis, Co. Clare
5 years with CSCS Card with SOLAS and QQI Certificate
1 passport photo per delegate, SOLAS Safe Pass or CIF Card and personal details
Safety Footwear, Gloves, Class 3 Safety Jacket/Top, Reflective leggings/trousers.