Crystal Safety Services provides this one day course suitable for Pre-Schools, Crèches, minor GAA clubs and primary schools.
This course will give child minders, babysitters, teachers, parents and anyone who has both a professional or non-professional responsibility for children the skills and knowledge to manage children from infants to children up to 13 years of age.
Delegates will gain the knowledge and practical skills to make an assessment of the patient, requesting appropriate help and be able to manage the child till appropriate medical help arrives (GP / Ambulance).
After the course delegates should be able:
- To increase awareness of possible accidents.
- To identify an accident that requires first-aid treatment.
- To learn techniques to apply first-aid.
Paediatric First Aid certification is valid for 2 years at which point recertification is required.
The successful delegate will receive a Crystal Safety Services certificate following the course.
Paediatric First Aider must do a 1-day refresher and assessment to be recertified.
- First Aid kits
- Assessment / Care of an unresponsive child
- Infant & Child Resuscitation (CPR & AED)
- Choking (FBAO)
- Asthma / Diabetic emergencies
- Head injuries (concussion)
- Seizures / Febrile Convulsions- Fever and Taking Your Child's Temperature
- Bleeding (Nosebleeds)
- Sprains, strains and fractures
- Spinal Injuries (child restraints-car seats)
- Childhood conditions (e.g. chickenpox, meningitis, and croup).
|Max. Number to an Instructor:
To ensure learners have sufficient time to develop first aid skills, 12 delegates are the maximum number per course.
Saturday 01st of September 2012
Woodstock Hotel, Ennis, Co. Clare
09:00 - 17:00 daily
Attendance certificate by Crystal Safety Services & IHF CPR & AED Certification