To provide the participants with the necessary practical skills and knowledge to operate successfully in “High Risk” Confined Spaces utilising a safe systems approach to organizing and controlling the work and thereby comply with the Confined Space Code of Practice of 2010.
Staff at any level who are required to enter and work in High Risk Confined Spaces.
- Current Confined Spaces Legislation and Regulations.
- Recognition of Confined Spaces and Associated Hazards in Low Risk Confined Spaces.
- Safe Systems of Work for entry into Confined Spaces as per 2010 Confined Spaces Code of Practice.
- Health and Hygiene associated with confined spaces
- Confined Space Equipment for High Risk Environment.
- Pre-Entry Checks on all Equipment and the awareness of the need for periodic examination of equipment.
- Methods of Communications
- Manning Levels
As per FAS / FETAC requirements there will be 20 Multiple Choice Questions and Practical skills assessment on completion. 70% is required to be successful on the MCQ.
This training course is delivered in accordance with the FAS CSCS Education and Training Standard.
FAS / CSCS “Working In High Risk Confined Spaces” Certification card is valid for 5 years.
|Min. Entry Requirement:
The minimum entry requirements to the FAS / CSCS “Working in High Risk Confined Spaces” training programme the delegate must have completed the FAS / CSCS “Working in Low Risk and Medium Risk Confined Spaces” training programmes and be aged 16.
|Max. Number to an Instructor:
To ensure learners have sufficient time the maximum number per course is 10.
Dates can be arranged to suit the company/organisations.
Must be run in a FAS Regional Training Centres (Roscrea, Co. Tipperary) where conditions allow practical activities to be carried out.
09:00 - 16:30 daily