To provide the participants with an in-depth understanding and knowledge of the Confined Spaces Regulations, to comply with the Confined Space Code of Practice of 2010 and to develop the skills necessary for accurate assessment and classification of risk for confined space working.
Staff at any level who are required to Manage and Supervise the Risks in Confined Spaces.
- Accident Statistics associated with Confined Spaces
- Current Confined Spaces Legislation and Regulations.
- Recognition of Confined Spaces and Associated Hazards in Low Risk Confined Spaces.
- Safe Systems of Work for entry into Confined Spaces as per 2010 Confined Spaces Code of Practice:
- Training, supervision and suitability
- Permit-to-work procedure
- Gas purging and ventilation
- Dangerous residues
- Testing and monitoring the atmosphere
- Mechanical, electrical and process isolation (Lock out / Tag out)
- Respiratory protective equipment
- Other personal protective equipment
- Safe use of work equipment- harnesses, tri-pods, emergency breathing apparatus / escape sets,
- Access and egress
- Flammable or explosive atmospheres
- Combustible materials
- Emergency and Rescue Procedures
- Health and Hygiene controls associated with confined spaces
- Controls to reduce risk- Confined Space Equipment
- Emergency Arrangement and Rescue
- Managing Confined Spaces
As per FAS / FETAC requirements there will be 20 Multiple Choice Questions and Practical skills assessment on completion. 70% is required to be successful on the MCQ.
This training course is delivered in accordance with the FAS CSCS Education and Training Standard.
FAS / CSCS “Working In High Medium Confined Spaces” Certification card is valid for 5 years.
|Min. Entry Requirement:
The minimum entry requirement to the FAS / CSCS “Managing of Risk During Confined Spaces Working” training programme course is to be aged 16.
|Max. Number to an Instructor:
To ensure learners have sufficient time the maximum number per course is 12.
Dates can be arranged to suit the company/organisations.
Can be run in-house where conditions allow theory presentation.
09:00 - 16:30 daily